Tooth Implant Dentistry For Nashville Tennessee Residents
In many cases, dental implants are the best option for replacing a missing tooth. A dental implant is a specially crafted synthetic tooth root that can take the place of an absent natural root. Dental implants are often the best option for tooth replacement because they provide support that your jawbone needs to stay healthy. After a tooth is lost, the jaw underneath the gumline starts to deteriorate. Dental implants are a fantastic option that can help stop this deterioration and help the jawbone stay healthy. Here at Nashville Center for Aesthetic Dentistry, we are pleased to offer single tooth implant options as well as full mouth dental implants.
Implant dentistry has been around for years and has a very high success rate. With modern advances in cosmetic dentistry, your dental implants can look, feel and function just like normal teeth. At our Brentwood Tennessee practice, we can use implants for single tooth replacements and to replace multiple teeth for full mouth dental implant procedures. We can also use implant dentistry to secure dentures and dental bridges.
The Dental Implant Procedure
Your implant will be placed by a surgeon who specializes in dental implant procedures. After a period of healing, we will attach your permanent dental crown to your dental implant. At your implant dentistry restoration appointment in Brentwood, Dr. Wells will place your dental crown, placing the restoration that you may not even be able to visually tell isn’t your natural tooth.
The Benefits of Implant Dentistry
HEALTH | Dental implants help keep your mouth and your jawbone healthy, even after you’ve suffered a devastating tooth loss. With a dental implant, you’ll look healthier and feel better.
LONG LASTING | Dental implants are durable and can last a lifetime with proper care.
COMFORT | Dental implants look and feel just like your natural teeth.
FUNCTIONALITY | With a dental implant, you’ll be able to do everything you were able to do before your tooth loss.
BEAUTY | Our dental implants and restorations are beautiful, custom-made restorations that perfectly mimic the look of your lost tooth. This is also true for patients who receive whole mouth implants or who need multiple missing teeth replaced.
Am I a Candidate for Implant Dentistry?
Although dental implants are a treatment that is suitable for large swaths of the population, some patients are not candidates. In particular, dental implants should not be used in patients with low bone density or poor health. Although there may be some stipulations, most individuals with the following health concerns may still be candidates for implant dentistry:
- Bone loss – Loss of bone tissue is common in individuals with missing teeth or periodontal disease. If the jaw’s bone density has declined too much, dental implants can still integrate with the remaining bone. In extreme cases, bone grafting can be used to provide additional support needed for a tooth implant.
- Existing dental work – Implant dentistry can replace dental bridges so long as they aren’t permanent. Teeth implants can also be used to stabilize dentures.
- Existing medical conditions – Although our patients with chronic conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure may require additional precautions, most patients able to undergo routine dental care done are candidates for implant placement.
- Periodontal disease – Implant dentistry has proven successful for many of our patients who have lost teeth due to gum disease.
- Smoking – Smoking can lower the success rate of implant dentistry. A consultation with Dr. Wells will determine whether a smoker might still be a viable candidate for tooth implants.
While the information above serves as a good guideline for candidacy, we always evaluate patients on a case by case basis. If you are interested in getting dental implants, we meticulously evaluate your health to find out if you are a good candidate for this procedure.
Schedule a Tooth Implant Consultation in Brentwood, Tennessee
To find out more about implant dentistry or to schedule a tooth implant consultation, contact us at our Brentwood office today via phone, text, or email. We serve patients throughout the Nashville area!