How are Porcelain Veneers Placed?
If you are looking to straighten, cover up, whiten, or reshape your teeth, porcelain veneers offer a cosmetic dental solution for enhancing your smile to look just how you want. Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of tooth-like porcelain that are bonded to the front surface of your teeth. The procedure generally takes a few visits to ensure the most accurate placement. You can expect to experience the general steps outlined below:
1. Initial Consultation: At an initial consultation, Brentwood cosmetic dentist Dr. Dennis Wells will assess your teeth and discuss your goals for your smile.
2. Tooth Preparation: In order to compensate for the added thickness of porcelain veneers, Dr. Dennis Wells will prepare your teeth by reducing and preparing them beforehand. If you qualify for DURAthin veneers, no tooth reduction or preparation is necessary since the DURAthin veneers are so thin they can bond directly to the natural tooth surface.
3. Temporary Veneers: After your teeth have been prepared, Brentwood cosmetic dentist Dr. Wells will give you temporary veneers to wear while your permanent porcelain veneers are being designed and made.
4. Bonding: Images and molds of your teeth are sent to our highly skilled ceramist who carefully crafts your permanent porcelain veneers to fit your smile. Once your porcelain veneers are complete, Dr. Dennis Wells will bond them to the front surface of your teeth. If you choose DURAthin prepless veneers, no drilling is necessary!
5. Perfect Fit: After your porcelain veneers are bonded to your teeth, Dr. Dennis Wells will check to make sure your bite, color shading, and tooth shape all contribute to an aesthetically pleasing smile.
To learn more about the dental veneers procedure, call the Nashville Center for Aesthetic Dentistry at (615) 866-5151 to schedule an initial consultation with Brentwood cosmetic dentist Dr. Dennis Wells. Or visit our website at http://www.drdenniswells.com/index.php.